Atlas Fibre Bolsters Manufacturing Capabilities by Acquiring Two Chicago Area Companies
SKOKIE, Ill., November 4, 2016 -- Atlas Fibre Company, the largest manufacturer of turned and precision ground laminate rod and a leading provider of finished machined components made out of plastic and non-metallic thermoset materials, announces its acquisition of two companies: Assured Quality Technologies (AQT) and Automation Liberation Group (ALG). Both AQT and ALG are Chicagoland area companies.
"With these acquisitions we are greatly expanding our manufacturing capabilities to service our numerous customers in multiple industries," said Atlas Fibre president, Richard Welch. "Our customers are demanding closer-tolerance fabricated components in shorter lead times, and adding these two quality companies increases our ability to meet customer needs for quality parts manufactured in a timely manner at competitive prices," said Welch.
Atlas is ISO 9001:2000 certified and supplies custom-sized rods, sheets and tubes from glass-epoxy and phenolic, and machines high-quality custom parts from all types of thermoset and thermoplastic materials. Atlas supplies parts to a broad spectrum of industries including prime aerospace and defense contractors, semiconductor, oil and gas, power generation, and transportation OEM’s.
"Another aspect of adding these two companies is the talent we are bringing on board,” said Welch. “Both AQT and ALG have been highly successful and well managed companies so we are excited to bring their employees into the Atlas Fibre family.”
About Atlas Fibre Company
Atlas Fibre Company is the largest manufacturer of turned and precision ground laminate rod and has built its reputation on delivering to customers what they need, when they need it. Atlas also has one of the largest machines shops in the country dedicated to machining plastic and non-metallic thermoset materials. Since 1957 Atlas has maintained one of the largest inventories of industrial laminate materials for manufacturing custom parts in glass epoxy, phenolic and melamine materials. Atlas is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company.
For more information:
Contact: Mark Mush
For Immediate Release:
Two months ago we announced that with our increased business activity and subsequent space constraints in our Skokie home of 35+ years, Atlas Fibre purchased an existing building 15 miles to the north of us in Northbrook, IL. As of today we are progressing ahead of schedule on the buildout of the offices and manufacturing facility at our new building. We are confident the move will be completed on time and with as little effect on customer service and production as possible. This is to update you on our progress and what we see moving forward:
- 117,000 square foot facility (our current facility is 55,000 square feet).should be completely remodeled and move in complete by the first part of November.
- It is important to note that other than our new physical address, all phone/fax numbers, email addresses, banking information, etc. will stay the same.
- We will be moving equipment and material in stages to avoid shut downs:
- Currently we have 6 panel saws of which two are being refurbished and will be placed at new facility in September
- Atlas Fibre’s multi-million dollar inventory will also be moved well before our move in date
- Atlas Fibre will also be increasing our machining capabilities once the move in is complete and you should see an announcement sometime after Labor Day reflecting these additions.
- Atlas Fibre will be exhibiting at the IAPD Convention’s Plastics Showcase (Booth #401) and we welcome any questions or comments at that time (and don’t be surprised if we some photos to show at that time also). The date on this is October 6 at the convention in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Further updates will also be posted on @atlasfibre on twitter and on our LinkedIn page:
- If you have any questions or comments please feel free to direct them to me at your convenience.